The Future End of Classic Computing

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Fri Mar 29 13:56:51 2002

>Sponsored by someone who must surely be certifiably
>insane, one Senator Fritz Hollings of South Carolina,
>if you want more information, see:

I'm not sure if he's insane or not, but I do believe he's guilty of Treason!

This bills effect on Classic Computing really isn't important (though it
would effect everyone here). What's important is what it would do, it
would basically turn the US into a 3rd world country!

The High Tech companies would basically have to go elsewhere or die. As
for Opensource software, you can forget any further development in the US
or bringing new copies (such as new versions of Linux) into the US, as that
would effectivelly be illegal. As for innovation or development of new
technology in the US, forget it, it wouldn't be economically viable.

Then there is the question of schools. How would you be able to teach
Computer Science if this is passed?

Basically Senator Hollings has betrayed America and is attempting to make
it impossible for the High Tech industry to survive here.

It appears that he has also betrayed his constituents on another level, as
he's not looking out for thier best interests, he's doing what Disney Corp,
and others want him to do. How much of a investment does Disney Corp, the
MPAA, or the RIAA have in South Carolina? As far as I can tell none of the
entities he's really representing have any kind of real interest in South
Carolina itself!

One thing that needs to happen is that the citizens of South Carolina need
to remove him from office!

On a positive note, I think I've finally figured out which is more evil,
Disney Corp or Microsoft.

                        Zane
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary)    | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |