The Future End of Classic Computing

From: Owen Robertson <univac2_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Mar 29 13:56:46 2002

on 3/29/02 12:47 PM, jeff.kaneko_at_juno.com at jeff.kaneko_at_juno.com wrote:

>> This will require lots of work to defeat, I think, as
>> the politicians have bought into the fantasy that a
>> pirated copy of something conctitutes a lost sale.
>
> Even if it does pass, there's nothing *anyone* can do
> about it. Everyone (who matters) will ignore it.

Well I seriously doubt than anyone will go along with this, even if it is
passed. But didn't the people who came up with this consult people who know
something about computers and software? If they had, surely someone would
have explained to them that this is: A) total shit, and B) impossible to
enforce.

I'm not very 'up' on intellectual property laws, but how can they *force*
programmers, both corporate employees and individuals, to do this?

--
Owen Robertson