PowerMac 7100/66av

From: Chris <mythtech_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Mar 30 12:31:02 2002

> I have a PowerMac 7100/66av (almost 10 years old now) and i broke like
> half the keys on the keyboard and the mouse, i was wondering if there is
> any
> way to do one of the following to get it up without them.
>
> Make a disk of some sort which runs and sets up VNC and the network?
> Get a MkLinux disk that sets up the network and sshd?

If you have access to another mac, you could burn a bootable CD
preconfigured with what you want, boot from it (provided you can still
use the letter C on the keyboard), and then access the Mac via VNC (or
whatever you setup on the CD).

Or, you could just check eBay, as new ADB keyboard for that computer will
likely be found for around $5. (mouse being about the same cost)

-chris

<http://www.mythtech.net>