6809 single board computer (was: "New" PDP-8)

From: John Honniball <coredump_at_gifford.co.uk>
Date: Sun Mar 31 08:18:00 2002

tim lindner wrote:
> > I am interested in building a computer like this, but this seems a bit
> > too much for me to tackle. Are there any other Classiccomputers one could
> > build which are far simpler and don't involve 600 wires and stuff?

I keep thinking about putting together a 6809-based machine, just
for the fun of it.

> http://home.netcom.com/~tlindner/Download/Free6809.zip
>
> I also converted the included postscript file into a PDF.

Something like the CMU Free6809 board would be great, but I'd
prefer to add a CRT coltroller to get a video display. I'd
also want a keyboard interface so that the machine could
be independent of a terminal. Maybe even a disk interface
of some sort, and the AY-3-8910 sound chip, and a parallel
port, and... Oh dear, now I'm making it too complicated!

What do other people think about a small-scale 6809 board?

--
John Honniball
coredump_at_gifford.co.uk