What's better than canned air?

From: pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com <(pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com)>
Date: Tue Jan 21 14:55:04 2003

On Jan 21, 13:01, chris wrote:

> The tank is good to about 200 PSI, and comes with a regulator assembly
> and hose. The compressor is good to 250 PSI so it fills it nicely.
> I added a coiled hose and blow gun attachment, and the system works quite
> well. The compressor is a tad loud, so sometimes I walk away and close my
> office door when it is filling (the tank does NOT have a blow off valve,
> so I can't walk away for too long or I risk overfilling, so mostly I just
> go deaf when it fills).

I was wondering about excess pressure the other day. I thought about a
pressure switch to shut off the motor, but they seem to be quite expensive.
 Or am I just looking in the wrong places? Does anyone know where I could
get a pressure switch suitable for about 120 psi, cheaply?

> The only things I don't like are it doesn't last very long. So I find I
> have to refill more often than I would like. Part of the rapid loss of
> air is because one of my connections isn't air tight, so if I leave the
> tank turned on, it slowly bleeds itself (it will go empty over night),

Is it a screw fitting? Take it apart and wind 4"-6" of PTFE tape round it
the male fitting. You can get the tape from any place that sells air
accessories or vacuum pumps, or most plumbers suppliers.

Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York
Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 14:55:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:02 BST