US electrical plugs and receptacles (was RE: cool find.)

From: Tothwolf <>
Date: Sun Jan 26 03:17:00 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Eric Smith wrote:
> David Holland wrote:
> > I think your thinking of a Crimson DeskSide.
> >
> > Its not a power issue... (They just require a dedicated 20A circuit if
> > your going to leave them on for any length of time, and a NEUMA(sp?)
> > plugin, or adaptor.)
> If you're talking about a normal US 120V 20A single-phase grounded
> circuit, that would be a NEMA 5-20P plug and a NEMA 5-20R receptacle.
> The 5-20R receptacle can also accept the "normal" 15A 5-15P plug, as
> commonly seen on almost all US consumer electrical products.

The Crimson and earlier Power Series Deskside systems use a 20A twist lock
connector. The power cable for the systems uses a NEMA L5-20P plug and
NEMA L5-20R receptacle.

The Hubbell part numbers for these parts are:
  insulgrip plug: HBL2311
  insulgrip receptacle: HBL2313
  single flush receptacle (outlet): HBL2310

Received on Sun Jan 26 2003 - 03:17:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:03 BST