Tamper proof tools

From: Lawrence Walker <lgwalker_at_mts.net>
Date: Wed Jan 29 12:50:01 2003

On 29 Jan 2003, , Joe wrote:

> At 12:02 AM 1/29/03 -0800, you wrote:
> >Speaking of tamper-proof screws, does anyone know the name
> >for the ones that need a triangular-tip bit/driver? It's
> >not a tri-wing, since it doesn't have "wings". Just a
> >triangular hole in the head.
> Lara tools just calls them triangular resess.
> >
> >I've got square bits. I think there's a name for those,
> >but I've forgotten it.
> In Canada they call those Robertson bits. They use them a
> lot more than we do in the US. The last time I was up
> there they were using them for dry wall screws, installing
> electrical boxs in houses, etc.
> Joe

 I use Robertson screws all the time. I have yet to have
one strip when removing them. They come in at least 3
sizes and the screwdrivers are color coded according to
size. Black, Red,and Green. Can't remember the
dimensions. Many manufacturers are now supplying them
in dual Roberson, blade form.

lgwalker_at_ mts.net
Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:50:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:03 BST