Tamper proof tools

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed Jan 29 07:58:11 2003

At 12:02 AM 1/29/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Speaking of tamper-proof screws, does anyone know the name for the
>ones that need a triangular-tip bit/driver? It's not a tri-wing, since
>it doesn't have "wings". Just a triangular hole in the head.

   Lara tools just calls them triangular resess.

>I've got square bits. I think there's a name for those, but I've
>forgotten it.

  In Canada they call those Robertson bits. They use them a lot more than we do in the US. The last time I was up there they were using them for dry wall screws, installing electrical boxs in houses, etc.

>I've also seen some screw heads that have three tiny round holes, arranged
>in a triangular pattern.

   I've never seen those or the tools to R/R them (and I have a BOX full of bits). I'm guessing that they're proprietary to one company.

Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:58:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:03 BST