Moving a VAX 6000

From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz_at_unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
Date: Sat Mar 1 12:27:00 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 03:42:45AM -0500, vance_at_neurotica.com wrote:

> > Well, I think you know that the person in question is Ragge. Maybe
> > someone should ask about VAX6000 support on port-vax. Maybe there is
> > somthing going on that I am not aware of.
> Ragge has XMI docs?
Antonio said that Johnny Billquist has the docs. I think Ragge has
the VAX 6000 hardware and the skills to get NetBSD running on it.
The other question is if Ragge has the time to do this...

> I could use them. I have a VAX6600 and a DS5840 here
> that I would like to work NetBSD on.
Just ask Johnny Billquist for a copy?
If the docs are printed versions and shipping acros the pond is too
expensive I am willing to scan the docs if Johnny can send them to
me (Germany). I have a scanner with ADF that already scaned the
KA680 Technical Manual...

> > > I thought it was VAX 7000 support that was on hold?
> > I think there was never any sort of effort of getting NetBSD on the VAX
> > 7000 / DEC 7000 due to very undocumented hardware.
> Is there any difference between Laserbus and Turbolaser other than clock
> rate? The AS8200/8400 are supported under NetBSD. Would it be possible
> to leveredge any of that work for 7000 support?
The DEC 7000 has Laserbus? I thought it has FutureBus+? Or was that the
DEC 4000?
--
tschüß,
          Jochen