Moving a VAX 6000

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Sun Mar 2 09:59:37 2003

> Is there any difference between Laserbus and Turbolaser other
> than clock rate? The AS8200/8400 are supported under NetBSD.
> Would it be possible to leveredge any of that work for 7000 support?

Some time ago the AS8x00 manuals were up on the COMPAQ website,
but right now I cannot find them. (Alpha tech manuals always
seemed much more available than the corresponding VAX and
PDP manuals).

I don't think I have anythong that describes TLSB in any
detail, but if all that changed was the clock frequency,
I wouldn't have expected the name to change.

OTOH, if you have a VAX or DEC 7000, see what happens if you
assume (LSB == TLSB) ... (I didn't realise that NetBSD
knew how to run on the bigger Alpha systems, but I've
not really kept track as I don't have one!)

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org