making disk images

From: Robert F. Schaefer <rschaefe_at_gcfn.org>
Date: Sun Mar 2 20:52:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Lafleur" <bob_lafleur_at_technologist.com>
To: <cctalk_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 9:02 PM
Subject: RE: making disk images

> What about Norton Ghost? It runs under DOS, doesn't require Windows. Can
> even back up over make an image over a network or printer port to
> another computer. And there is an image file browser that's a Windows
> App, don't think there's a DOS-based broweser (but it can browse the
> images made by the DOS Ghost program).

I'll look at it. I had envisioned something with an IP stack that spoke
NFS, to make things easier on the far end, but a package that does most of
what I want is somewhat more desirable (ATM) than building something myself.
I just can't seem to find all that spare time I had stashed away when I was
younger!

> - Bob

Bob