InfoServer and MOP Server status update

From: Eric Dittman <dittman_at_dittman.net>
Date: Mon Mar 3 13:53:00 2003

> So, given the fact that an InfoServer (150, 1000) is just a regular
> 3100-model machine, I should be able to load the friggin software
> onto one, right?

No. Only the 100 was a standard MicroVAX 3100 with new ROMs.
The 150 and 1000 are custom boxes.

> Given a regular MV3100-model box, and a working CDROM drive on
> it, HOW does one load the InfoServer stuff onto it, making it
> an operational InfoServer ?

First, you get a copy of the IS100 ROMs and replace the ROMs
in your MV3100 with them. Then, you boot from the ConDist CD
with the InfoServer boot files and load that on the internal
disk.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman_at_dittman.net