Free DEC MINC-11 in NW England - rescued!

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 3 22:40:02 2003

It's all in the garage, complete with a DECWriter II and DECWriter III. I
have to preen at this point and say that was the best bit of car packing
I've ever done - *nothing* moved on the way home, and those Lake District
roads leave a lot to be desired. Had to take the cover off one of the
DECwriters to get it in the back though; thanks to DEC for welding the
bloody legs on the stands of those things, and thanks to VW for giving the
Passat estate a big load area :)

Anyway; the haul included MINC with 2 modules and the following boards:

M8012 boot board
M8043 DLV11 4 channel MUX for console etc.
M7954 IBV11 IEC/IEEE interface
M8029 RXV21 RX02 controller
M8044 MSV11 RAM board
M7270 (I think) 11/23 CPU

RX02 twin set
Manuals including 'Unpacking MINC' and 'Using MINC' plus programming guides
etc
3 years worth of MINC newsletter from V1 #1
VT100 tech ref.
RX02 user guide
Original system and demo disks plus PASCAL and FORTRAN disks
Full schematics.

All in all, that's a pretty good haul! (I'm a poet, etc :)

The only thing that's been powered up recently was one of the DECWriters,
and the magic smoke escaped from the print head apparently, but considering
all of this has been stored in an outbuilding that used to be a milking shed
20 years ago I think it's all lasted quite well.

First thing to do will be a full dismantle and clean I think......

Pix soon.

cheers

--
adrian/witchy