Amiga Term Softs needed

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 4 14:19:00 2003

--- "Marlin Bates, IV" <mcb242_at_psu.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently resurrecting an Amiga 2000, but I have neither an
> Ethernet card or Terminal software. There are tons of programs on the
> net, but getting them from the net to the Amiga is proving difficult.
> If anyone can help me in this chicken/egg scenario, I would REALLY
> appreciate it.

If you have AmigaDOS 2.0 or newer, it should come with a handler to
mount DOS floppies. You will be limited to 720K format, but that's
enough to get a variety of Amiga stuff in there including some
entry-level term programs. You'll probably need an unarchiver, too,
like Lha.

If you are looking for Ethernet, I still have some GG2 Bus+ boards
that will let you use an NE-2000 card, but you'll have to get the
TCP/IP stack onto your machine somehow ("Miami" is a great choice).
I have driver disks and cards New-in-Bag on the shelf right now.

What version of the OS do you have? Hard disk? One floppy? Two?
If you have 1.3, it should still come with BASIC; worst case, you
could write something to pass UUEncoded files over and convert them.

-ethan