DEC RD54 from Maxtor

From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz_at_unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
Date: Tue Mar 4 17:31:00 2003

On 2003.03.04 20:39 Antonio Carlini wrote:

> > Yes, going to SCSI would be nice, but you can't put one in
> > your VAXstation 2000...
> Unless you use Wolfgang Moeller's modified ROMs - then I believe
> that SCSI will work.
I have the patched ROMs in my VS2k and indeed, it is able to boot from
SCSI disks connected to the tape port. When we tried this for the first
time it worked with VMS. I tried it with NetBSD, but NetBSD faild as the
second stage boot loader doesn't know to handle the VS2k SCSI adapter.

> (IIRC the modified VS/UV2K ROMs also incoroporate
> the >1GB fix ... but it's been a long time since I looked).
Don't know about that. I mounted an old 650 MB 5.25" FH Seagate HD in my
VS2k.
--
tsch??,
       Jochen