fair price for apple articles

From: chris <cb_at_mythtech.net>
Date: Wed Mar 5 09:40:01 2003

>> 2 Apple II GS, a IIc (claimed to be new in box), a Mac Plus, couple
monitors,
>> external floppy and hard drives and "scads of software and manuals".
>
>$100 is fair.

WOW! I can't believe Sellam of all people over priced this bundle.

$100 is very generous for what is listed. Unless there are some really
unusual monitors or software/manuals, then I don't think the lot is worth
more than about $20, and that is more as a "thanks for letting me have
it" gesture.

I have aquired everything mentioned above (catagorically, obviously I
don't have specifics on the monitors, drives, software, manuals), from
the curbside garbage in the last six months.

There could be things that bump the value up a bit. Such as the IIc being
truely brand new never opened (and not just clean and reboxed). If the
IIgs are Rom 0 units (or Woz units), and if the monitors or hard drives
are large (20" monitors, and 10+ gig drives). The software and manuals,
unless it is current release stuff, exotic hard to find stuff, or things
you care about owning real copies of (vs abondonware copies), then it is
of little value.

Bear in mind, even if there are parts that pump up the value, you need to
overcome the $20 "thank you" price first, so you start at $0 and go up,
not start at $20 and go up.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>