NOS equipment worth less than used? (was: fair price...)

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_rddavis.org>
Date: Wed Mar 5 18:52:00 2003

Quothe chris, from writings of Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:38:43PM -0500:
> If it is really new in box, then yeah, I could agree with that price. But

If it's "new" in this sense, then it's old and never used, which, to
my way of thinking, means that it should be worth less. Having never
been used, some capacitors may have gone bad and the equipment hasn't
demonstrated that it's survived a burn-in period; the chances of
failure are higher. Hence, should not a NOS (new old stock) system
be worth less than a system that's been used, but not used enough to
have mechanical and electro-mechanical, components worn, or wearing,
out.

Any thoughts on this?

--
Copyright (C) 2002 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &