Locating older systems & parts... (was: RE: making disk images)

From: Brian Heise <nampcjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 6 08:20:00 2003

-dc
I have found the Salvation Army "Goodwill" to be equally non-productive places to get older hardware in So. IL as well. There is one larger thrift sore here that tends to have older systems, usually of the 386/486 varities, but thats about the extent of it. Most of the time I am forced to get stuff from [shudder]....from EPay...as PCjr's (my love and speciality) just dont seem to "pop" up at any given time.

Brian
 Damien Cymbal <d_cymbal_at_hotmail.com> wrote:I was going to ask about where people are frequenting to find treasure.

Where I am now, most of the Salvation Army/Goodwill thrifts have big "NO
COMPUTERS!!!" signs out front so they won't even take them in just to toss
them.

dc