Locating older systems & parts... (was: RE: making disk images)

From: chris <cb_at_mythtech.net>
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:09:00 2003

>Where I am now, most of the Salvation Army/Goodwill thrifts have big "NO
>COMPUTERS!!!" signs out front so they won't even take them in just to toss
>them.

Yeah, that's what the one near me does. They won't even take them in
anymore. What's worse is, they will take all the parts... just not the
CPU. So they breakdown otherwise complete systems.

Although, I am humored when the occasional computer makes it thru, like
the other day they had a PCjr. It just shows that they know nothing about
the stuff. If it doesn't look like a modern WinTel box, they don't seem
to recognize it.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>