Locating older systems & parts... (was: RE: making disk images)

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:40:30 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Damien Cymbal wrote:

> I was going to ask about where people are frequenting to find treasure.
>
> Where I am now, most of the Salvation Army/Goodwill thrifts have big "NO
> COMPUTERS!!!" signs out front so they won't even take them in just to toss
> them.

One of the best places for old computers are the smaller local, regional
or for-profit chain thrift stores. Look in the phone book under "thrift
stores" (of all things), write down all the addresses, plug them into
Mapquest, work out an optimized route, and pick one Saturday to hit them
all.

You can also get more helpful suggestions from my article "Finding Vintage
Computers":

http://www.vintage.org/content.php?id=001

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *