"Software" is sometimes more than just a random collection of 1s and 0s (was Re: fair price for apple articles)

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 6 10:18:00 2003

--- Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>
> > This is especially important if any of the titles are from Infocom...
>
> Indeed, Infocom games can represent a whole subclass of collecting.

Yep.

> I've got Zork on 8" disk in the original packaging for CP/M systems ;)

Cool! My oldest Zork is the edition published by Personal Software
for the TRS-80. It's the only reason I want to have one (well...
that plus we had a Model III and Model IV at my high school - they
were replaced by Rainbows, but that's a different story).

I didn't buy it (nothing to run it on at the time), but I remember
seeing the RT-11 version of either Starcross or Planetfall (RX01)
on the wall at the Digital Store in Downtown Columbus, c. 1984.

> Exactly my point. The maps that came with each Ultima are also an
> example.

Them, too. I'm sure there's lots of examples in the gaming world.

-ethan