HP 5890 gas chromatograph chemstation?

From: Kenneth L. Marshall <kmar_at_lle.rochester.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 6 16:43:00 2003

The Chemstation software is Pascal-based. The disks use an unusual
partitioning scheme. I used one of these Chemstations to run my GC and
gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer for many many years. Mine were HP
9000-320 and 9000-340 machines ( I still have complete, functional
machines with data on them here- they are in storage waiting for the
data to be archived - that and I can't bring myself to get rid of
them). These systems ran non-stop for ten years with only one floppy
disk failure. Much more reliable than the PC stuff that replaced them.
The display output is very hardware-specific; it is designed to work
with only a limited number of frame buffers. I still have documentation
on these systems, so if you want more details contact me off-list.
On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 03:55 PM, Joe wrote:

> Is anybody here familar with this stuff? I picked up a HP disk drive
> with the ChemStation software installed and I'd like to know more
> about exactly what kind of computer it was SUPPOSED to be used with. I
> searched the net and one site mentioned that it used a HP 9000 300 but
> that's all I've been able to find out. I got the Sw working on a HP
> 9000 217 but I'm having some problems with the display. Oddly enough,
> the SW won't run on my HP 9000 320 or 380!
>
> Joe

Kenneth L. Marshall
Research Engineer, Optical Materials
Laboratory for Laser Energetics