Mark-8 Minicomputer Kit on E-bay

From: Jim Kearney <jim_at_jkearney.com>
Date: Fri Mar 7 15:35:01 2003

> I'm wrestling with a partial redesign or a complete replica. I guess
> if I had the total costs laid-out in column A and column B format,
> it would be easier to decide.

The Mark-8 design is markedly inefficient; ones with many fewer ICs are
pretty easy to come up with. It's not especially anachronistic to use
2112's or 2101's, which are relatively easy to come by.

> Were you besiged by requests?

I wouldn't say I was inundated, but I'm happy to say that will be going
to someone who will put them into an actual 1976 Mark-8.

> Nice. You did one run of boards? How much did they cost?

Thanks. No, I got the basic board set from Steve Gabaly, who's been
selling them on and off for a couple of years. He seems to be actively
selling again, as 'obtronix'.

Jim