Power pinouts for Compaq SLT286?

From: JP Hindin <jplist_at_kiwigeek.com>
Date: Fri Mar 7 15:22:00 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> --- "Feldman, Robert" <Robert_Feldman_at_jdedwards.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to know the pinouts for the power connector (6 pins) and or
> > battery
> > pack (4 contacts) for the Compaq SLT286. I have a battery pack, but it is
> > dead and too well sealed for me to want to open it up.

> -ethan
> Please post publicly (or send me a copy). I have an SLT286, no battery,
> no brick, but at least it has a docking station. It's where my device

I'm not entirely sure if I've done this right (Gee, there's confidence for
you), but:

The battery, when looking at it towards the connectors:
 ----------------------
| XXXX |
|______________________|
Where X's are contacts, from left to right:
GND, 12.5v, 12.5v, 13.3v
(Batt is Compaq part #130538, Model 2682)

I don't know enough about electronics to understand how the power supply
works. The unit has two lights, which I'm guessing are 'On' and 'Charging
Battery'. When the unit is first turned on, the 'On' pulses.
There are Eight pins, not 6: (Piss poor ASCII arrangement on left, my pin
numbering on right)

                X X X 1 2 3
                X X X 4 5 6
                  _ _ 7 8

If you cross 3 & 6, the 'On' light stays on, presumably the trigger to
tell it to send voltage.
With one probe between the 3&6, and another on 4, I get 18vDC.

Unfortunately my limited understanding of how this kind of thing works is
as far as I can determine.
My apologies. Better than nothing at all, I hope.
If you can explain what else to look for, I have a multimeter and am
willing to fiddle.

I have a complete SLT286 with its little carry bag and even the numeric
keypad clip-on. No docking station though.

JP Hindin