Univac $$$ on E-OverPay

From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla_at_jarai.org>
Date: Fri Mar 7 16:03:19 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Adrian Vickers wrote:

> IMHO, if he was serious about selling it, he'd be auctioning it
> through a "proper" auction house (ala Christies), and be looking for
> $100K minimum. It is, after all, possibly the oldest surviving large
> electronic computer on the planet...

You should visit the Computer History Museum in Mountain View,
California. They've some pretty nifty stuff in their visible storage
area. The Johnniac comes to mind. When I visited in January, I
jokingly mentioned to my gf that the Johnniac looked like it was made
from 1950s era supermarket display refridgerators. Later during the
tour, we found out that it was. Other items on display included large
chunks of a SAGE system, the WISC computer, at least one of the
ILLIACs, and a rack from the ENIAC.

I'm looking forward to when they finally get settled in their new
location which used to be the SGI headquarters building.

-brian.