Collecting silicon wafers

From: Frank McConnell <fmc_at_reanimators.org>
Date: Sun Mar 9 21:29:00 2003

"John Allain" <allain_at_panix.com> wrote:
> Silicon Valley is the obvious choice for an outlet of these.
> Anyone who is a regular customer of "The Foothill" should
> speak up on list. I patronized them, a long time back, for
> just over two years... got some wafers, and, some large
> chunks of the raw Silicon ingots too.

Yes, I saw some wafers there yesterday. Y'all should have spoken
up sooner and I might have tried to pick some up for you.

Seriously, educate me/us. What's interesting, what would need to be
done to care for it through shipping, and what's it worth to you (and
I appreciate that the answer to this may not be financial in nature,
and it need not be so on my side either!)?

More seriously, inexpensive items (say US$1 and under) that don't
require a lot of effort on my part can pass easily from my hands to
someone else's, and I'm happy to help, especially if it'll help get an
interesting story out there to for other folks to enjoy and learn
from. As the cost in money, time, and effort goes up, either my
interest wanes or I start wanting some return.

-Frank McConnell