Power pinouts for Compaq SLT286?

From: Feldman, Robert <Robert_Feldman_at_jdedwards.com>
Date: Mon Mar 10 09:33:01 2003

I'm not sure you understood my question. I was asking about pin 4 the power
transformer pinout, not the battery.

Using the information you provided, though, I opened up my SLT over the
weekend and pulled out the power supply unit. Looks like the middle two of
the battery contacts are for charging, as the one on the left is ground and
the one on the right goes directly to a small fuse. Pinouts on the power
supply connector are harder to trace (especially with the limited equipment
I have).

So, anyway, I put 12V into the contacts in the unit where the battery fits
and turned on the switch. The keyboard LEDs went on for a second, then off
-- no beeps or other sounds. A little more investigation revealed that the
LED Indicator board is missing. It fits in the memory shield and plugs in at
the front of the motherboard. From what little it says and shows in the
Maintenance and Service Guide pdf (amazingly available on the Compaq web
site!), the LED Indicator board just has LEDs, so it shouldn't be too hard
to duplicate or work around, but it would be nice to get a scan of both
sides of that board (hint hint :) ).

Bob