ICL OPD/Merlin Tonto

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Mon Mar 10 11:28:00 2003

> > Maybe-maybe not. That 'UK spec' bit is what I'm curious about. Do you know
> > what details will be different in other versions (but this would only be an
> > EPROM change wouldn't it?) --as in that for use in NZ?
> > I have a number of these things -both complete and working, as well as
> > partly ratted for spares (including some telephony modules)- they were
> > called 'computerphones' down here. About the only useful function they had
> > was the phone directory/dialler which was a winner. They were just a year
> > or so too late to ever really catch on in the face of competition from Macs
> > and pcs for any serious desktop computer functionality.

> Are these actual computers or just dumb terminals with a telephone
> built-in?

> I have a Northern Telecom unit like this. It's a smaller terminal with a
> phone handset and keypad on the base. A keyboard tray pulls out of the
> bottom of the base.

Aye Sallam, didn't I tell you about this little beasts ?
They are full figured Sinclair QLs with integrated analogue
phones. AFAIK a bunch of phonerelated applications where
provided in ROM. One may name it as the first PDA ... you
know, like the TREO, Or PocketPC Phone edition ... just a
few more pounds (even pricewise:)

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 4.0 am 03./04. Mai 2003 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/