ICL OPD/Merlin Tonto

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Sun Mar 9 08:26:00 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Dave Brown wrote:

> Maybe-maybe not. That 'UK spec' bit is what I'm curious about. Do you know
> what details will be different in other versions (but this would only be an
> EPROM change wouldn't it?) --as in that for use in NZ?
> I have a number of these things -both complete and working, as well as
> partly ratted for spares (including some telephony modules)- they were
> called 'computerphones' down here. About the only useful function they had
> was the phone directory/dialler which was a winner. They were just a year
> or so too late to ever really catch on in the face of competition from Macs
> and pcs for any serious desktop computer functionality.

Are these actual computers or just dumb terminals with a telephone
built-in?

I have a Northern Telecom unit like this. It's a smaller terminal with a
phone handset and keypad on the base. A keyboard tray pulls out of the
bottom of the base.

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *