Intel 4004 was: New To List and PDP8 Question

From: Dwight K. Elvey <dwightk.elvey_at_amd.com>
Date: Mon Mar 10 11:31:00 2003

>From: "Bill Kotaska" <bkotaska_at_earthlink.net>
>
>Hello,
>I am new to this group but have been reading the posts occasionally before
>finally joining. The site comes up alot when searching for info on old
>machines. I am interested in any type of old computer especially the single
>board trainer types from the early days of the microprocessors. I have built
>my own trainer based on the Intel 4004/4040 and have started to put a web site
>together with pics and info. It is in the early stages though -
>http://home.earthlink.net/~bkotaska/mcs4_micro.htm .

---snip---

Hi
 I have a SIM4 but mine doesn't have the nice LCD read out that
yours has. I wrote an assembler as well. Mine is single pass
but I can still do forward references by having the lables self
resolve them selves as their location is assigned. I also have
a simualtor that I wrote. It is built around the SIM4 board.
Most 4004 systems have a lot of hardware dependencies since
not all used things like the 4002's for RAMs or the normal
I/O methods.
Dwight