WTD: NEC V20 Hardware Manual, IBM PC schematics

From: Eric Josephson <ericj_at_speakeasy.org>
Date: Tue Mar 11 08:11:00 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Philip Pemberton wrote:

> I'm trying to track down a copy of the NEC V20 Hardware Manual. I've
> managed to find a PDF version of the Software (programming) Manual, but the
> Hardware Manual (which, typically, is filled with the info I need to get
> this thing running) is a pain in the neck to find, especially now the V20 is
> classified as obsolete by NEC.
> I'm also after a copy of the schematics for the original IBM PC-AT and
> PC-XT. Anyone got a set they can scan or photocopy for me?

There's a datasheet for the V20 (uPD70108) on partminer.com that
has dc/ac characteristics, timing diagrams, pinouts, etc. Sorry,
I can't help on the actual hardware manual. Can you get by with
docs for the 8088? I thought it was a drop-in replacement.

Where did you find the software manual?

Regards,

--
Eric Josephson