WTD: NEC V20 Hardware Manual, IBM PC schematics

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Tue Mar 11 11:11:00 2003

Eric Josephson wrote:
> There's a datasheet for the V20 (uPD70108) on partminer.com that
> has dc/ac characteristics, timing diagrams, pinouts, etc.
Problem #1: PartMiner seem to have locked access to *ALL* the datasheets.
Fun, fun, fun. What was once a genuinely useful service has now "gone to the
dogs"... Thank-you dot.bomb...

> Sorry,
> I can't help on the actual hardware manual. Can you get by with
> docs for the 8088? I thought it was a drop-in replacement.
I might be able to use the 8088 docs. The V20 is *supposed* to be a drop-in
replacement, but IIRC it needed some (minor) BIOS alterations to get it to
work properly in PCs when the 8088 was swapped with a V20.

> Where did you find the software manual?
www.google.com - I searched for "NEC V20 Hardware Manual".

Later.
--