Mark-8 Minicomputer Kit on E-bay

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 12:52:00 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, ben franchuk wrote:

> Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
>
> > At $880 I would *hope* I was buying an original. That is just scathingly
> > obscene for a modern day replica kit.
>
> Well if you don't reasearch what you collect that is your problem.
> While most things go for dirt cheap consider the value if any old
> computer equipment if you had to build it again.Look at the univac
> for sale on ebay ... More than most people can afford yes, less
> than the cost to rebuild yes as well.

Point taken but even if you were to build a Mark-1 you'd really only need
the original issues of Radio-Electronics. You can get those for under
$200 on eBay or free if you find someone willing to scan the pages. With
the exception of the 8008, the rest is trivial.

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *