RSTS/E CSR Access in MACRO

From: Christopher McNabb <cmcnabb_at_4mcnabb.net>
Date: Wed Mar 12 20:04:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 18:22, John A. Dundas III wrote:

> Chapter 11 deals with Ethernet programming. It indicates that a .SPEC call
> documented in the System Directives manual is the way to go. Unfortunately
> the manual indicates that the .SPEC call is too complicated for Basic; use
> Macro. The correct revision System Directives manual is not available at
> 'elvira' (yet?). However, if you could find the System Directives manual
> for V9.4 or later, you should be able to do what you want with a .SPEC call.

I do have the System Directives manual for RSTS/E 9.7. While there are
various SPEC calls listed (including setting the mac address), there is
none listed for reading the default mac address. I know that it is
possible from user space, since show dev xh: will give the mac address.
Once I figure it out, I'll be sure to post the answer here.

--
Christopher L McNabb
Operating Systems Analyst         Email: cmcnabb_at_4mcnabb.net