Penske is our friend!

From: William Donzelli <aw288_at_osfn.org>
Date: Sun Mar 16 09:07:01 2003

> Please explain: if I just said what I reported here (actually I
> didn't even use the term 'non profit organization') why would
> I have to have an EIN and why would it be fraud?

I'll retract the EIN comment, because a non-incorporated entity can still
get business rates - if it is for a legitimate business use. An
individual posing as a business with the sole intention to get some sort
of perk (business rates on truck rentals, for example) is fraudulent.
Going out and fetching big computers for a personal collection is not
business.

It has also been pointed out that it changes the liability and insurance
coverages quite dramatically on both sides of the deal - you and Penske.
Don't get into any accidents.

William Donzelli
aw288_at_osfn.org