SWTPC TV Typewriter II restoration

From: Glen S <glenslick_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 16 23:22:01 2003

That brings back some memories. The first computer I had back when I was in
the 7th grade was a KIM-1 that a friend of my father gave me. Eventually I
bought an 8KB RAM expansion board and a SWTP terminal kit so I could run
BASIC on the KIM-1. The SWTP terminal kit I had looked about the same as
your pictures, except it included a full beige plastic case. The kit must
not have been too difficult to put together since I don't remember having
any problems getting it built and working. I later managed to blow
something up on it once though when I somehow plugged one of the Molex
connectors in backwards, but a local computer club member was able to repair
the damage for me at the time. After a couple of years I traded the KIM-1
and the SWTP terminal in towards a brand new Apple II+. That's one trade I
wish I never made.