Midwest Classic vintage computer area

From: evan <evan947_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Mar 16 23:44:00 2003

Martin,

Thanks for sharing this information. I can't attend -
I live in Boston and I'm quite a tight budget - but I
think there's a way we can help each other.

I'm a reporter at eWeek (the ZD magazine formerly
called PC Week), and seperately, I'm writing a book
about the history of handheld computing. The slant
is, what can the history teach us about the future?

Obviously handheld electronic games count as handheld
computers. I'm well aware of the mainstream products,
like the mid-1970s Mattel games (spent many hours with
my football game as a child!), Gameboy/Lynx, etc. I
bought a copy of the book Supercade, but to my
disappointment it didn't focus much on handhelds.

In your opinion, what was the FIRST electronic
handheld game? What was the first to give users the
choice of many games in one? First to actual have
graphics? Color graphics? Did any systems have other
 more computer-like software?

I'm interested in discussing this at length. If
you're still online though, perhaps we could chat now,
just to say hello and introduce ourselves: I always
enjoy meeting others who are into this stuff.

Thanks,

 Evan Koblentz (617.461.7194)