Penske is our friend!

From: vance_at_neurotica.com <(vance_at_neurotica.com)>
Date: Mon Mar 17 00:29:53 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, William Donzelli wrote:

> > Hi, I just closed a deal for a run to get some 60 miles from here. I
> > was "called to duty" on the Classic Computer Rescue Squad. I tell you
> > Penske is your friend! I got a liftgate truck for $75 and $0.18/mi.
> > When you guys rent a truck make sure you claim a business rate. After
> > all, we are a voluntary non-profit "organization" that helps
> > businesses get rid of their old computing equipment and save the
> > environment and the technology. We share equipment with people in
> > need, including private collections and museums. That's what we do, so
> > that's what we can claim business rates for.
>
> Except without an EIN, its fraud...

Only if you try to get out of taxes. You don't have to register a
business if you don't want to incorporate it, but you still have to
present personal liability in case of an accident. If it's incorporated,
you limit your own liability in the matter. The liability laregly lies
with the business.

Peace... Sridhar