SWTPC TV Typewriter II restoration

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 01:25:01 2003

Michael Holley wrote:
[snip]
> Here are some links to my CT-1024 TV Typewriter II pages.
> http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/CT_1024/CT1024_Index.htm
> http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/CT_1024/Restore/CT1024_Restore.htm
Wow. I'm speechless. That is one amazing repair. I think it's high time for
me to smash my piggy-bank, raid my bank account and buy a nice soldering
station :-)
I've just come to the conclusion that my Antex XS is far too overpowered for
repair work. It's great for stripboard (Veroboard) assembly, though. The
solder I'm using has a melting point of 340 C (IIRC). The iron heats up to
450 C (according to Antex) and seems to have no temperature regulation
whatsoever...

Later.
--
Phil.