Equipment Lifting

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 11:51:00 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/17/2003 1:30:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> charlesleecourtney_at_yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<
> I'm trying to locate the manufacturer or source for a
> device used to lift equipment into racks. This is a
> manually operated device (or electric?) used to lift
> disk drives, servers, etc. and place them in racks.
> They should be portable as I've seen HP CE's use them. >>
>
> www.globalindustrial.com

  Hot Damn! I looked (mostly) all over for these; never thought to check
the company Dave's provided. I actually bought most of the parts to
modify a regular handtruck to do this, but haven't got a Round Tuit on
that project yet.

  A bit pricey, the cheapest lift starts at $400, but if you've ever put a
Kennedy 9100 four feet up in a rack (on it's slides) by yourself... these
might be a good value.

  The category they're in is a bit counter-intuitive: look for them in
"Carts / Casters / Trucks - Lift Trucks - Lift Truck Winch". Of course if
you have lots of bux you can get a hydraulic one, but....

  Cheers

John