ICL OPD/Merlin Tonto

From: Adrian Vickers <avickers_at_solutionengineers.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 13:38:00 2003

At 10:52 17/03/2003, you wrote:

> [...]

I'm planning to use mine as my main 'phone too. I have, at hideous expense,
acquired another one (sans monitor) which is apparently in GWO; it's a
Tonto (as opposed to an OPD), so I just have to decide which main unit
looks the marginally more attractive...

Shame it can't do CLID though. Maybe I shall have to try to retrofit my
Pace 56K modem into it, then bodge the ROMs to read the CLID.... Then add
the TCP/IP stack that's recently been developed for the QL, adapt a
browser, and presto - an internet-capable OPD!

Lemme see, on current form, I should have finished that project by about
2019...

--
Cheers, Ade.
Be where it's at, B-Racing!