Equipment Lifting

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 15:22:00 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, John Allain wrote:

> If you go to http://www.harborfreight.com and search
> "hydraulic" you will begin to see some neat things.

 [snippage]

> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41109
> Table lift: 13-5/8''H to 50-1/4''H
              ^^^^^^^

  I preface my comments with the fact that I have a bunch of Harbor
Frieght stuff here, and it's one of the stops on my usually-monthly Trip
to the Big City (Reno, NV) for Serious Shopping.

  But to get heavy things safely into a rack (or racks), the table lifts
HF have didn't thrill me because they are already 14" off the floor, and
are hard to maneuver up to a rack with Stuff in it... the handtruck-like
winch lift from the other company is what I have been looking for, and
actually I bought a little cable winch and a handtruck from Harbor, with
the idea of making an 'equipment racking lift' that would actually fit up
to a standing rack and allow the device to be inserted into it in a
controlled manner. The hydraulic table lifts are a bit too clumsy for
this, I think. (YMMV) They *are* cheap, though....

 Cheers

John