Industrial VAX 630 info wanted...

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Wed Mar 19 17:00:00 2003

> Gents, I have in my posession an Industrial VAX 630.
>
> Seen here...
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dwoyciesjes
>
> I was curious, can anyone give more info on it?

Is there much more to say? It's a MicroVAX II in
a BA213 chassis. Assuming you've listed all the
cards, I don't see any video cards of any description
there at all. I'm not sure what that connector is
hooked up to (and the link doesn't work).

Where is the KVM? The connector looks like one of
the ones from a VAXstation II, but it has to connect
to a QVSS or QDSS to be of much use!

The M9047 is a grant card.

The M9060 is (IIRC) a load board (basically a bunch
of resistors) which allow the LH PSU to come up. (If
either PSU does not turn on, the box stops working).

Overall - a nice box. You can (again, IIRC) get RA7x
drives to live in the top (if you can get the right
mounts) and then, with a KDA50, you can have a
nicely configured uVAX II.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org