DEC AUI Cable

From: Andreas Freiherr <Andreas.Freiherr_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Thu Mar 20 07:49:00 2003

AUI cable? - Oh yes, I do remember: when I was at the University of
Darmstadt, getting those four pairs and all the shields into the shell
of a 15-pin connector was the hardest test somebody had to stand before
she/he was allowed to "officially" join the network/cabling crew.

Tony, we should have met earlier: I would have been happy to cut a
couple of feet from the reel for you.

We found that there was a difference between |d|i|g|i|t|a|l| and other
brands: the DEC cables had the common shield isolated from the
individual shields of the pairs, while at least some other manufacturers
had them connected.

I still have a self-made one connecting my 11/23-PLUS to a new-fangled
BNC mini transceiver, because even the mini transceiver would not fit
under the hood when directly plugged into the DEQNA (Ethernet) bulkhead
at the back of the BA23 box.

Andreas

--
Andreas Freiherr
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH, Heilbronn, Germany