HP-86B Monitor question

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon Mar 24 18:48:01 2003

   I haven't tried a "standard" composite monitor I don't think it will work. I KNOW they won't work with an Apple composite monitor. I've also tried them with a multi-sync VGA monitor with a sync on green BNC input and that didn't work either. There are two HP monitors that will work, the HP 82912 and 82913. The only difference between the two is that the 82912 is smaller. It has about an 8" screen and the 82913 has about a 13" screen.

  Note that the 82912/82913 use a BNC input connector. IIRC the HP-86 uses a RCA (phono-plug) connector. HP uses a cable that has a BNC fitting on one end and a phono plug on the other. Some of the HP 9000 series 200 computers use the same monitors and cable. Some of the 9000 series 300 computers use the same monitor but have BNC connnector so they use a cable with two BNC connectors.

      Joe