HP-86B Monitor question

From: Eric Smith <eric-nospam-638_at_brouhaha.com>
Date: Mon Mar 24 19:22:01 2003

Joe Rigdon writes:
> I haven't tried a "standard" composite monitor I don't think it will
> work. I KNOW they won't work with an Apple composite monitor.

I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine any good reason why it shouldn't
work.

> I've also tried them with a multi-sync VGA monitor with a sync on green
> BNC input and that didn't work either.

Won't work because 99.99% of multi-sync VGA monitors have a minimum
horizontal scan rate of around 31.5 KHz, which is about twice the
standard RS-170 or NTSC horizontal rate.

> There are two HP monitors
> that will work, the HP 82912 and 82913.

Those both operate at standard RS-170 or NTSC rate, as do the Apple
monitors that accept composite video.