Osborne

From: Feldman, Robert <Robert_Feldman_at_jdedwards.com>
Date: Tue Mar 25 08:23:01 2003

Ah, yes, I got my start in computers on with an Osborne 1. $1795 _with_
software was such a deal at the time. The screen was small and the ~90KB the
floppies held made for some interesting disk juggling (I wrote a MailMerge
program so I could print my papers that were longer than ~15 pages -- 30KB
-- with continuous page numbering), but it was a computer that I could
afford. I even took it to Peru for the archaeological projects I worked on.
The computers today may be faster and the programs can do more (often _too
much_, IMHO), but the Osborne 1 met my needs quite well, thank you.

Bob