Computing "in the field" (was RE: Osborne)

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 25 09:07:01 2003

--- "Feldman, Robert" <Robert_Feldman_at_jdedwards.com> wrote:
> Ah, yes, I got my start in computers on with an Osborne 1...
> I even took it to Peru for the archaeological projects I worked
> on.

Interesting. We took Kaypros (one 2, and later, a 10, IIRC) to
the dig I worked on in College (1985, 1987, 1989). One of our
guys tried to write a program to graph our results on-site, but
those efforts didn't appear to be rewarding (we were using non-
invasive survey techniques with a soil resistivity box that I
had to keep repairing, and a proton magnetometer)

-ethan