Industrial VAX 630 info wanted...

From: David Woyciesjes <dwoyciesjes_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Mar 25 10:02:00 2003

        Well, I hooked my VT420 (9600.8.N.1) to the VAX, and got no reaction on
the terminal. The LED diplay on the CPU card started at F, then flipped
A, and sat there.
        On the CPU card, there are two switches, and I don't know what they do.
I've tried different switch combinations, to no avail...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dwoyciesjes/Mvc-113f.jpg

        On the left side is a 2 position switch, upper position has a dot
inside a circle, and the lower position has the dot above the circle.
That's the setting it came at. There is also a triangle, pointed down,
inside a circle immediatley below the switch.
        On the right is a 3 position rotary switch.1st position is a little
face type of character, second is an arrow pointing right (this is
selected), and the third is a circle with a T inside of it. There is an
arrowhead on the circle, makes me think it's a looping test setting?

        Can anybody help me out quick to decipher these? I'm trying to get this
booted, to see what's on it, before John picks it up...

--
---Dave Woyciesjes
---ICQ# 905818