Looking for....RL02 controller for PDP-8E M8433?

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 16:38:00 2003

--- Guy Sotomayor <ggs_at_shiresoft.com> wrote:
> The RK8E is a 3 board set that plugs into the Omnibus.

With several H851s... I got a board set a while back, but no way to
interconnect the boards. That's the biggest pain when dealing with
quad-high OMNIBUS boards.

> There are a set
> of cables that go from the RK8E to the drive. Taking an old BC11 cable
> paddle and rigging it with connectors for the cables from the RK8E *may*
> be the easiest path.

Going from scratch, I'd recommend using a dual-height prototype card
and adding your own connectors to it. There's a source of them for
a few $$$ ($25?) but I can't find it right now.

> The cables from the RK8E is two ribbon cables
> (forget how many conductors right now).

40 each. Not even shielded (on my RKV11D).

> The drive terminator is nothing more than a plain old M930 (Unibus
> terminator).

Yep.

-ethan